Losing sleep is one of the worst symptoms to have and, in my opinion, should not be tolerated. This is one area where you should get help right away. Obviously work to figure out why you can not sleep and fix it. In the mean time, you need your brain to work for you and the brain can’t work without sleep. Here are some natural sleep aids that have worked for me or my family and friends:
- Somnapure available at CVS Pharmacy
- Tyler Sedaplex from Integrative Therapeutics (probably need to get through a healthcare provider)
- L-theanine (from Vitamin Shoppe or anywhere, it’s a natural amino acid)
- L-arginine (from Vitamin Shoppe or anywhere, it’s a natural amino acid), you may need to take several grams of this for it to work to put you to sleep.
- Tea – made from the ingredients listed below. You can drink it to fall asleep and then keep some on your nightstand to help you fall back to sleep during the night.
Look for any pills with ingredients like: Hops, Valerian, Skullcap, L-theanine, Jujube, Passionflower….all these things are natural sleep aids. Some of these and more are described below:
Here is a description of what the Somnapure ingredients do (from the company):
Lemon Balm: An herb in the mint family used to promote sleep through relaxation;
Hops: A flower cluster used to increase alpha-waves, decreasing the time it takes to fall asleep;
Chamomile Flower: A daisy-like flower known for its calming effects and use in herbal teas;
Passion Flower: A beautiful flower used to promote sleep;
Melatonin: A naturally occurring compound that helps regulate sleep patterns;
Valerian: A perennial herb used for centuries to promote relaxation and reduce the time it takes to fall asleep;
L-Theanine: An amino acid commonly found in green tea that exhibits a relaxing effect.