I began this blog in 2010 in hopes of providing useful ideas and information for those with mysterious and undiagnosable illnesses, like I had. With my transformation from patient to healer the blog transformed into the Silver Mountain Website. On this blog tab you can join me in my continued investigations of all things having to do with health and healing.
In its broadest sense, qi can be thought of as the vibratory nature of reality: how at the atomic level, all of manifest existence is energy – an intelligent, luminous “emptiness” appearing as this form and then that, like waves rising from and then dissolving back into the ocean. Our perception of solidity – of forms as fixed and lasting “things” – is just that: a perception, based upon habitual ways of conceiving of ourselves and our world.
In 2012, while at school for Chinese Medicine, I started to pick up on patterns of energy ‘clearings’ that appeared to affect many people at the same time.
How I discovered the patterns: I would start having physical trouble – a headache or pain somewhere in my body, for instance. So I would figure out what acupuncture points to press or flower essence to hold (this puts the energetic signature of the flower essence in your energetic space and can cause changes in you without ingesting the essence) to get rid of the pain. I then noticed members of my family (there are 5 of us) would start to have trouble with the same acupuncture channel or have the same symptom. And doing what helped me get rid of the problem also solved their issue(s).
A few days later I would be in school and multiple people would mention similar problems to me. I would ask them to try what helped me and voila! they would immediately get relief from the issue as well. This happened enough times with different acupuncture channels or Chakras that I got the idea that there was something similar affecting multiple people in a definable pattern.
So I used my own ‘ways of knowing’, as we call it in Chinese medicine, to further discern what was potentially happening. And here is what I found out:
What the patterns were: I discovered quite an organized system of affected energetic systems. I created an Excel sheet to hold all the data:
The chart illustrates the patterns I found. For simplicity I have only shown the affected systems from Dec 2012 – April 2013. I perceive that the overall patterns I was picking up on were part of clearings that began in September 2010 and ended January 15, 2014. After January 15, 2014 a new set of clearings began but I have not taken the time to discern their patterns (for reasons given below in ‘For further study’).
The pattern details: For the dates, these clearings followed a pattern more similar to the Mayan Calendar than our current calendar system. So there were 5 day blocks of time that would be equivalent to a ‘week’. There were 5 ‘weeks’ in a ‘month’. The months are designated by the different colors in the date column. There were 7 ‘months’ in a ‘year’ – whereupon the colored months repeated. This whole block of clearing therefore went on for 7 ‘years’, ending January 15, 2014. (I perceived there to be no clearings on the final ‘week’).
Two Chinese Organs (and the Shen) were affected in a repeating 13 week pattern as shown above in yellow. The Emotions did not display a discernible repeating pattern in the time period that I observed them. Other emotions that were cleared but not shown in the chart above were; Grief/Sadness/Depression, Despair/Optimism, Fear/Fright, Joy/Scattered, Happiness, Worry/Focus, Anger/Patience, and Love. Clearly these ‘Emotions’ very closely follow those ascribed to Chinese medicine organs. The Chakras were also cleared in a repeating pattern with one Chakra clearing per ‘week’. There was a 19 week pattern that repeated. Note the ‘Special’ Chakra sub-category was whatever Chakra needed extra clearing at that time. So ‘Special’ could stand for any Chakra 1 – 7 (Red – White). The Body Fluid category consisted of Chinese medicine sub-categories; Blood, Jing, Meridians, Qi, and Essence. Meridians cleared for 5 ‘weeks’, Qi cleared for 3 ‘weeks’, Essence cleared for 4 ‘weeks’, Blood cleared for 9 ‘weeks’, and Jing cleared for 5 ‘weeks’. Then this Body Fluid category of clearings would repeat in it’s 26 ‘week’ block. The final repeating pattern that I picked up on concerned the Chinese Phase Elements. Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Wood repeated in a mixed block of 21 ‘weeks’ and then this mix would repeat.
Effects of the patterns: From the perspective of the Earth itself being thought of as a living and breathing organism, then this Excel sheet is a log of the Earth’s cycles. I feel these patterns show what subtle energy the Earth was clearing and when. This idea can be extended to show its impact on the human population in two ways. 1. Perhaps the Earth calls upon it’s inhabitants to help with the clearings. So humans would feel extra stress in the energetic parts listed above. This extra energy moving through a human’s subtle body might over stress it, causing new physical issues. Once the human cleared the issue/blockage the subtle body part would be more open and the extra energy could pass through easily and unnoticed. 2. If the Earth was clearing it’s subtle body parts listed in the chart and the energy went from the Earth’s core outward to space then those Earth energies would travel through the dirt, plants, and animals on its surface. We, humans, would then be affected by this energy passing through us. If we had a blockage or issue with that particular area then we would feel the pain from the extra energy trying to get through but getting restricted. If we cleared our own blockage then we would stop feeling the pain. If we refused to help our selves then we would continue to feel the pain or problem until the Earth clearing was over. In either of these scenarios the result is the same – an opportunity to further clear our own subtle body parts.
Other ‘Evidence’ of patterns: Sometime after I had established my Excel chart and began to share it with other people an instructor at my school unintentionally offered up support for my patterns. He shared with the class a website that used to monitor patterns in Chinese medicine organ systems! The site was no longer kept up but he showed us some screen shots he had taken. I looked up the date he showed on my chart and the organ system the website listed was one of the organs on my chart for that day! The idea of the website was to let practitioners know which Chinese organ systems were being stressed on which days or weeks of the year. Additionally many of our instructors would mention how they would see patterns in the type of illness that ‘walked in their door’. That is to say, one week 5 new patients would show up – all with liver issues. Some weeks later everyone seemed to be having small intestine issues, etc. If you asked any aware healthcare provider if this phenomena happens to them I’m sure they would say yes.
What did I do with the information?: Besides initially finding ways to help myself and those around me after the clearing was already underway – I started to be able to work ahead. Once I had the chart and saw that the patterns I had predicted were happening ‘on-time’, I started to discern if there wasn’t something I could do ahead of time to prepare for the clearing. To my relief there was. I established and performed energy clearings ahead of time (I couldn’t work too far ahead, just a few weeks). And then I intended for the clearings to be done on those around me as well. If I ran into someone with the ‘issues of the week’ then I let them know about the clearing I figured out.
For further study: Once I saw these 5 day week, 5 week month patterns that were going on for 7 years….I began to wonder about longer term patterns. Were there 1 year patterns? 10 year patterns? 10, 000 year patterns? (we are talking about the 3.5 Billion year old Earth). And, as you may expect, I found the answer to be yes. So I intended clearings for all those times as well. I won’t write all the clearings I found here but I will say, as with many other types of clearings…when I had found ‘enough’ clearings and performed the clearings ‘enough’ times…my intention of always clearing these additional patterns was solidified. And I no longer had to clear these items daily or weekly, it was done automatically.
Energy Medicine is based on the understanding that any physical, mental or behavioral problem has a counterpart in the body’s energies and can be treated at that level.
Every conceivable health problem, psychological challenge or dysfunctional habit can be improved, if not overcome, by intelligently shifting the energies in the body that are maintaining that condition.
This extends from treating cancer or multiple sclerosis to losing weight to increasing your vitality to improving your performance at something that really matters to you.
And in the process, you become more consciously, intimately and joyfully involved in the deepest workings of your physical body, a journey that extends down to your soul.
– From Donna Eden, David Feinstein, and Ben Hart.
The lives of traditional and modern healers, mystics, and shaman are “. . . lessons in physical, emotional, and spiritual bereavement and disempowerment, followed by rebirth into a new relationship to power. Behind closed doors, through anguish and ecstasy, mystics gain access to the spirit, access so profound that they become capable of breathing an energy, like Divine electricity, into ordinary words and acts. They become able to heal others through acts of genuine love, forgiveness, and faith.”
– From Anatomy of the Spirit by Caroline Myss.
“Most of us are living at the periphery of our consciousness. Intuition invites us to the center.”
– Willis Harmon
My original post on Chakras (July 2011) was written based on a book published in 1990, click on the link to go to that post. Since then I have worked extensively with the Chakras and have discerned many more things about them. Below is a summary of the Chakra numbers, colors, and associations that I perceive and have found most useful.
In the pictures I have put a small black circle for the umbilicus and a small x for the third eye position. The most notable difference I see with other Chakra pictures is with the 6th and 7th. Most pictures show the 6th Charkra as indigo and the 7th as violet. I perceive the 6th as purple and the 7th as white. (I have also seen that these are just the most common color associations and that the Chakras actually change colors. But let’s keep it simple for now).
The other difference with my pictures vs most others is the existence of the 8th Chakra! I perceive the 8th Chakra as being 18″ above your head and 18″ below your feet, so I have designated these two points as 8+ and 8- in the chart below. The 8th Chakra creates a complete Maroon colored sphere around you. I believe this Chakra has two main purposes: (1) It is a form of energetic protection and (2) The position of 8+ and 8- ‘pull down’ the next set of Chakras into place. More on that below the next picture.
Chakra 8 continued: There are actually thousands (or potentially an infinite number) of Chakras. In my experience, once you have gained a certain amount of lessons from your current Chakra set (#1-#8 to start with) and energetically cleared them enough, then you can pull down the next ‘set’ of eight. In this case, Chakra 8- would pull down Chakra 16- bringing with it (and putting into place) Chakra 9 where Chakra 1 is located, Chakra 10 where Chakra 2 is located, and so on. In my experience all previous chakra sets (and their lessons) remain available to you.
If this is the first time you have heard of your 8th Chakra then some clean up will be needed! Imagine the maroon bubble around you. Now take a closer look. Is the maroon color very dark? Does it have black spots in it? Is part of it missing? Is it misshapen? These are all common issues. See if you can change or fix these things. Ideally, the 8th Chakra should be a deep maroon color but not too dark. If you can’t figure out how to fix it (or if you can’t imagine the 8th Chakra but would like to) then click here or on the Contact tab above and make an appointment with me, I can help. And if you live far away from me, don’t worry, we can work together remotely over the phone.
E = mc²
Don’t let this equation scare you – it just says Energy is equal to Matter. Let’s step through it together…
E = Energy, also called: Qi, Prana, Ki, Vital Force, intangible stuff
m = mass, also called matter, Yin, tangible stuff
c² = a constant squared, in this case the constant is the Speed of Light: 299, 800, 000 meters/second. Yes, 300 million meters per second.
What if we rearrange the equation? Then matter = Energy/speed of light².
You are made of matter. So you are Energy divided by the speed of light².
YOU ARE ENERGY.
So you are made of energy and you are made of matter. Which part of you – the matter side or the energy side is easier to change? Let’s think about it this way: A 250 pound football player stands in a room. That is quite a lot of matter standing in the room. And how easy is it for you to change or move the football player? It is not easy. Now put that football player in a room with a martial arts master – some one trained to use energy to move his opponent. How easy is it for the martial arts master to move or change the football player? Very easy.
Now let’s put an injured or sick version of you in a room with a Medical Doctor (MD), trained to heal you by changing your matter – bones, muscles, cells, etc. How easy is it for the MD to change you? Not easy, the MD needs to run tests and put you in a specific category (diagnosis) in order to know which drugs, surgery, or physical therapy to use. Instead let’s put you in a room with an Energy Practitioner (me, Amy Buckley) trained to heal you by changing your energy. How easy is it for me to change you? Very easy – no tests are needed, just your symptoms and feelings about what is wrong. Additionally, I am trained to feel your energy (no special equipment needed). I can feel areas where your energy is blocked, stuck, slowed, or nonexistent. And then I use energy (qi) and light touch on your body’s energy points to change your energy issues. Essentially I have an energy conversation with your energy. I am trained to ‘speak’ in the language of energy to explain to your energy what is wrong and how to change.
You are energy, so changing your energy issues changes and heals you.
In my experience I found food to resonate with certain emotions or actions. Below is a list I compiled. If you are eating with intention, eating for healing purposes, or just curious… try eating a food below and see if you agree with my assessment.
|Beans – all||Despair|
|Butter – all||Love|
|Cherry – Dark||Death/Chaos/Yin|
|Cherry – Light||Life/Order/Yang|
|Chocolate – Dark w/Carmel||Orgasm|
|Fish – dark||Truthfulness at rest|
|Fish – white||Truthfulness in motion|
|Ginko Tea||Qi (energy) for Chakras 4 and higher|
|Grapes – dark||Passionate stillness|
|Grapes – light||Passion in motion|
|Molasses – Blackstrap||Piqued|
|Molasses – regular||Mildly interesting|
|Potato – red||Sex with sensuality / Yin Energy|
|Potato – white||Sex w/out love / Yang energy|
|Potato – white w/skin||Balanced Sex/Kundalini energy/Yin&Yang energy|
|Potato red w/skin||Sex w/love|
|Sugar – refined||Mind-blowing|
|Sugar – whole||Intriguing|
|Wine – dark||Bitterness|
|Wine – light||Overjoyed|
My sister asked me what books I found to educate our kids about their bodies and the many changes we go through in our lifespan. While I didn’t do extensive research; I got a few recommendations from friends and browsed the sex ed section at a book store, I feel this is a solid list for the different life stages a child goes through. I also couldn’t find any lists on-line, so I’m posting mine here!
- For young kids (0 – 5years) – “How you were born” by Joanna Cole, 1993 – No mention of sexual intercourse, and awesome actual pictures of a fetus in-utero! The family photos are multicultural, heterosexual only, and from the 1980’s.
- The book cover says ages 7 and up – “It’s so Amazing!” by Robie H. Harris, 2002- Our 6 year old read it too with some things going over her head. The 8 year old understood it though. Fun comic-like pictures. 75% pictures, 25% words. Lots of detail and pics: circumcised vs not, tampon vs pads, different kinds of love – for your dog/grandmother/parents/girlfiriend/etc., gay/straight/lesbian/etc. all explained, alternative methods of joining an egg and sperm, twins/preemies/etc., adoptions of many types, chromosomes, ok vs not ok touching, sexual abuse defined, illustrated naked pics of male and female progression from baby to “old” age.The annoying part of the book is that they want to be all inclusive on every sentence in the book so the sentences have multiple nouns and are repetitive. There were a few sentences I rearranged into my own words to better fit the message I wanted to get across, but overall a great book.
- The book cover says for pre-teens and teens: “What’s happening to my body?” Book for Boys (and there is one for Girls) by Lynda Madaras (with help from her daughter starting when the daughter was 11years old, mine was updated in 2007) – I feel like it’s for a mature pre-teen or needs to be read with parents, good for teens. Lots of words, hand-drawn diagrams and pics which could be better. Topics covered: Masturbation, orgasm, child abuse, pics of adolescents with the 3 main body types (ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph), a few pages on homosexuality/bisexulaity; detailed different stages of growth in puberty, etc., etc. We have the book for boys and it shows a few pages of girls’ anatomy, and the growing fetus, and a whole chapter on Girls’ Puberty. In total the boys’ book is over 200 pages! Suggestions for further reading on different topics are given at the end of the book.
- What do people look like without clothes on? I wanted to show my curious child, (11 years old), respectful, fully nude, non-photoshopped, actual sized bodies (ie. not super-skinny, or women with outrageous sized breasts, etc.), non-sexually suggestive, multi-aged, multi-racial, photos. Instead of getting all his information from internet/YouTube sensationalism. The best thing I came up with was this series of books: “Art Models 4; Life Nude Photos for the Visual Arts” by Maureen and Douglas Johnson. If you know of something better please tell me. Of course all the models are adults, for better or worse, I don’t expect I could find any books with kids at different ages, except those hand drawn, and that’s understandable – to protect the kids. includes a disk with 100’s of poses of the models. Watch out some of these ‘books’ are now for sale only on disk! This volume 4 includes; 2 white female pregnant models, 2 male and 2 female black models, a female model of unknown origin – mix of white/black? hispanic?, a white skinned red-haired female model, 3 white male models aged ~70years, 40 years, 30 years, and about 3 other white skinned/female models in 20’s, there are interacting male/female posses (eating dinner, leaning on each other, etc. – for the most part more artistic than sexual). There is some sculptured pubic hair and tan lines – otherwise, all natural! And lots of different body angles – rear shots, side shots, bending over shots, etc.
- For an introduction to Anatomy for kids this book is good and shows pictures of a plastic dummy’s interior parts and organs (instead of a real cadaver):“Inside Guides: Human Body” by Dr. Frances Williams from DK Publisher, 1997.
Feeling like something is wrong with you? Been to many ‘doctors’ or ‘experts’ and still feel not quite right? Don’t let people try to convince you it’s in your head! Below is some collective wisdom from my 5 and a half year journey back to being 100% healthy. According to regular medical doctors I was ‘doing everything right’ – exercise, eating healthy, taking vitamins, sleeping well, etc. Yet I was still massively sick! It turns out western medicine, the only kind I knew when I got sick, is only looking at one aspect of our (very complex) bodies. Read below to see if you have covered all these ways to investigate your body.
Here are the layers of the body that can be contributing to a problem and who can help:
- The MD‘s (medical doctors) will be checking your physical body organs to see if they can diagnose anything. Very often, if you don’t fit a commonly accepted diagnosis or disease category they can’t help you.
ND‘s (Naturopathic Doctors) also diagnose physical body organs but can offer alternatives when you don’t fit into any medically accepted disease category.
- Call a Chiropractor to see if any of your bones are out of alignment and causing the trouble ….ask me if you don’t know why this could cause digestive distress, emotional issues, muscle aches, behavioral problems, etc.!
- Fascial Planes – someone who is trained in Cranial Sacral Therapy or Reiki can check this important structure which is all over your body. Fascia is the way your body maintains it’s physical shape and is your body’s communication highway. Communication problems within your body equates to physical problems that you can feel. Often if chiropractic changes ‘won’t stick’ then a patient is sent to get their fascial planes worked on and then the chiropractic changes stay in place.
- Energy – Energy Medicine Practitioners, Acupuncturists, (some) Massage Therapists, and Shiatsu Practitioners, work with your body’s energy systems (which have been used and documented for over 3000 years) to fix the body, mind, and spirit. To be more specific:
- the body = all items listed in 1. – 3. above
- the mind = emotions, thought patterns, behavior, etc.
- the spirit = how balanced and connected we feel in our lives
As you can see, to save yourself time and money, you may want to start with a practitioner in this Energy category – since they can work on all body areas at once.