The most well known Energy Medicine used today – Chinese Medicine has many specific body points and herb formulas used to support all stages of pregnancy. Two of the most widely used points for pregnancy are located on the feet. The first point is found at the base of the toenail on the little toe of the mother. If the baby is Breech then activating this point will cause the baby to reposition itself. This point has been used for thousands of years in China, just for this purpose. The point can also work if one twin is not positioned correctly.
The little toe point is best utilized for breech presentation in week 34 – 37 of the pregnancy. And using heat (from an herb called moxa) on the point daily is the best way to activate the point to get the fetus to turn.
The second pregnancy foot point is located behind the exterior ankle. This point on the Mother’s foot can be used to start labor or progress labor if it has stalled out. No drugs are needed – just pressing the foot point or applying heat to the point will start the labor process!
Interested in finding out more about these gentle birthing techniques? Click on the Contact tab and request a consultation at Silver Mountain Health or talk to any Chinese Medicine Practitioner, Acupuncturist, or other healthcare professional trained in Chinese Medicine.
Feeling like something is wrong with you? Been to many ‘doctors’ or ‘experts’ and still feel not quite right? Don’t let people try to convince you it’s in your head! Below is some collective wisdom from my 5 and a half year journey back to being 100% healthy. According to regular medical doctors I was ‘doing everything right’ – exercise, eating healthy, taking vitamins, sleeping well, etc. Yet I was still massively sick! It turns out western medicine, the only kind I knew when I got sick, is only looking at one aspect of our (very complex) bodies. Read below to see if you have covered all these ways to investigate your body.
Here are the layers of the body that can be contributing to a problem and who can help:
- The MD‘s (medical doctors) will be checking your physical body organs to see if they can diagnose anything. Very often, if you don’t fit a commonly accepted diagnosis or disease category they can’t help you.
ND‘s (Naturopathic Doctors) also diagnose physical body organs but can offer alternatives when you don’t fit into any medically accepted disease category.
- Call a Chiropractor to see if any of your bones are out of alignment and causing the trouble ….ask me if you don’t know why this could cause digestive distress, emotional issues, muscle aches, behavioral problems, etc.!
- Fascial Planes – someone who is trained in Cranial Sacral Therapy or Reiki can check this important structure which is all over your body. Fascia is the way your body maintains it’s physical shape and is your body’s communication highway. Communication problems within your body equates to physical problems that you can feel. Often if chiropractic changes ‘won’t stick’ then a patient is sent to get their fascial planes worked on and then the chiropractic changes stay in place.
- Energy – Energy Medicine Practitioners, Acupuncturists, (some) Massage Therapists, and Shiatsu Practitioners, work with your body’s energy systems (which have been used and documented for over 3000 years) to fix the body, mind, and spirit. To be more specific:
- the body = all items listed in 1. – 3. above
- the mind = emotions, thought patterns, behavior, etc.
- the spirit = how balanced and connected we feel in our lives
As you can see, to save yourself time and money, you may want to start with a practitioner in this Energy category – since they can work on all body areas at once.